Technology Goals for Randolph School District 2010-2013
Teachers will become more proficient in implementing, assessing, and supporting the development of digital-age skills within the context of specific units of instruction.
- Within their annual Professional Development Plan (PDP), teachers will include and implement technology integration activities to assist in the achievement of their professional goals.
- Grade-level benchmarks will be reviewed and updated to reflect new digital technologies and 21st Century skills by the end of Year I.
- By the end of year 2, teachers will be trained to design and implement activities to infuse technology directed toward the new standards and benchmarks.
- By the end of year 2, all teachers will have developed assessment tools to measure student progress in grade-level information and technology skill benchmarks.
Students will expand their use of new information and technology resources in authentic learning opportunities.
- The district will increase technology-enhanced, real-world learning opportunities.
- Students will increase their understanding of and use of multi-media tools for presentations.
- Opportunities for students to use a variety of digital communication tools will be expanded.
Students, staff, and community will have increased access to information and technology resources and administrative functions.
- Student access to information and technology resources will be increased.
- Library Media Center resources will be updated annually to meet curricular needs.
- The district will annually evaluate network, telephone, telecommunications, and other service contracts and make revisions as necessary.
The district will make efforts to improve communication with parents and community members.
- An article highlighting technology applications and classroom activities will be included in each issue of The Rocket, the district school newsletter.
- Community usage of the district web page will be increased by the end of Year 3.